Re: Web programming. Python vs PHP for work

@sorressean... so your basically telling a new web developer to go with a language that *doesn't* have very many web apps written for it and avoid a programming language that is used in quite literally every sight on the internet that actually is worth calling a "web site" these days....
No, instead,  I have to say that both are readable. Both do great things. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The advantage to PHP is that it practically comes these days with every module and support library you could dream of (FCGI, Fastcgi, Recode, I'm looking at you). Python has the advantage in that it has more libraries to do with general programming and it's not soly focused on web development. The only major, major disadvantage that puts people off of Python, at least for me, is that it is an absolute and total bitch to incorporate into Apache, or really any web server, properly, and get it working, and I know because I've tried. And the result was a completely broke web application. Not to mention that nearly ever CMS framework out there that's actually popular and has an excellent community is written in PHP and not python. The loners are Python though.