Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

Hi.

Just giving the latest build a try.
I love the selibration options, and the way you can specify what happens.
A couple of thoughts did occur to me while playing this time though.

Firstly, about the battles.
At the moment the battles are rather uninteresting, the game just says "enemy whatever killed" or "one of your troops killed"

It'd be really cool if battles could reflect how each troop is killed, E.g one of your peasants is riddled with arrows, or "an enemy soldier's helm is split by a heavy axe stroke", or "Enemy troop is impaled by a thrown spear"

Depending upon how detailed you wanted to get with these, you could make them specific to the type of battle, e.g scurmishes could feature lots of messages about distant combat, "enemy troop is taken out by a sniper firing from cover", or "one of your troops runs into an enemy company and is cut to ppieces"

While raiding could involve lots of messages about siege warfare for example "one of your troops is crushed by a falling catapult stone", or "Enemy troop on the wall is hit by a flung grappling hook"

You could even consider specific kill and death messages for some racial types, since it'd be really cool to read "Giant stomps on one of your peasants with his huge foot" or "Witch leans from her flying broomstick and empty's corrosive potion over your troop"

I actually thought of this because one of my allies in the current game are evolved sand rabbits, and I'd love to see sand rabbits hopping enemies to death on the battlefield big_smile.

This combined with the single combat option I think will make battles a lot more fun.

Another thought I had, is at the moment your throne room pretty much has infinite peticianers. Obviously, your the absolute ruler and can see as many or as few people as you like, but for diligent kings it'd be sort of nice if there was a limit each turn and a recognition that you were actually taking time to see people, which would also encourage players to use the throne room more regularly.

So, how about a law to set the number of petitions you will see each turn with choices of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30.
For every 10 petitions you see, you get an extra point of public opinion, since people know your taking time over them (even if the time you take is to send people to the dungeons or have them murderously killed, (did you know Vlad the impailer was a very popular ruler in his day?).

You could even consider adding a new staff member to deal with peticians, a lord chamberlain, with higher level chamberlains increasing the public opinion gained from seeing peticians and making it more likely rarer and more bennificial events will come up (nothing like a good  to keep people from wasting your time).

Lastly, I noticed that during the crowning ceremony it's firmly said your the king of Aslona. It would be a nice aesthetic choice if you could perhaps be a queen instead? After all if Mrs. Dark were to play warsim she probably wouldn't want to be king big_smile.
I also wonder if the female champion and ruler names ever got added to the game?

Okay, now off to explore and  what I can find.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector