Re: Why Must People Crack Games

In response to the original question of this topic: of many reasons people already said, I'm going to add something that's pretty much my personal situation here.
I'm 21, not a kid, right?
I don't have bank account, and my parents keep most, if not all, of my money saved in a bank account I haven't yet had access (because they don't let me, not yet at least). The reason why they do all this is related to two things:
1. Even though they know how savory I am when it comes to money, they don't want me to waste any bit of mine until the time is right, which is when I'm done with university and stuff and ready to get an actual job (other than occasional writing and being a lead flutist which I've been doing for almost 12 years). So right now, as a 21, I know only a little of how to work with banking and stuff, since all of what I have on me is cash.
2. Being in a family-oriented society, it's highly common that parents think of grown ups as kids even if they know for an obvious fact that their 21 year old ones aren't. My parents view me somewhat like that. To add to one of the reasons given by the above posts, they also don't think spending money on games is going to be worth anything unless you really really have a lot to spend without care. I've never got games or game consoles bought. The only thing I got was being driven to a local computer store and had someone there install a few games for me, usually the old, ripped ones at least 2 years after their original release dates. And that was it, nothing else. Even though they don't mind me playing games as they know I still keep up with classes fine enough, they still don't feel like investing hard earned money into buying something like games.

And if anyone wonder where I'm from to have this kind of thing to face, I'm from Thailand.

Now when Shotgunshell asked if asking people to buy it for you is better than cracking, I'd say it's as uncomfortable. Here is why:
Think of this in two ways; when you crack, you crush the game developers. When you ask someone to buy for you, you either beg or burden them with something they may deserve to spend of their livings. I always see it this way, and this honestly makes me extremely reluctant to ask, feel very down everytime whenever I mention something about not being able to pay on the forum and ending up having someone I don't even know buy it for me. As much as I appreciate their generosity, I never feel any good to know that much money they spent to help me could actually be for something else more worthy. I'm just ashame to not being able to buy what I want, but at least I never die of not being able to play, when that amount of money spent for my sake could in fact save the payers' lives, and even the others around them who need more than me.

I admit I use cracked stuff sometimes, but never crack anything myself. However, I promise to myself to try to hand back what I've ripped as much as possible when I have a chance, which I don't really know When.