realTech audio issues

Hi guys.
Recently, I replaced my laptop. And while everything, for most of it, is going well, I do have 1 issue, that I just cannot, for the life of me, fix. The laptop in question is using RealTech audio, with Dolby audio as enhancement. basically, if something loud comes into the speaker, my screen reader fades. Let me give an example. Say I'm on redspot, and I use an item grabber. My prefered screen reader will flat out fade into nothingness. when item grabbing is finished, speech will slowly restore to full volume. The type of screen reader doesn't matter, I reproduced this with both JAWS nd NVDA. If that wasn't bad enough, the same seems to be happening with youTube as well. If I click a link, and if I'm on, say, teamTalk, teamTalk will flat out fade out as well. To make things a nightmare, when I plug headphones into the 3.5 headphone jack, the laptop doesn't keep seperate volumes for the main speaker, and the headphones. more specifically, the thing will still say speakers. it will notify me that I plugged in something to the jack, but nothing will actually happen. With all that said, does anyone have any ideas? I'm willing to change sound drivers, but disabling dolby, which some have recommended, basically removes 80% of my volume, so that is pretty much the only thing I can't do. Using different drivers then disabling dolby may work, but my knowledge of audio is essentially nothing, so any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.