Re: Writting music

I think that lilypond can convert midi to ly format. Cosider reading the lilypond manual or google for it, it was a few years ago when I played with lilypond so I can not remember how to do that. but I remember that it was something with command line. But the midi file needs to be quantized because humans can't play notes of accurate length. It means that Lilypond will see something like c with length between quarter and half and will be comfused how to represent it.