Re: Monthly chat February 2018

@Aaron that starwars vr rig sounds pretty cool.

Myself I've had annoying amounts of work to do today for my phd, and unfortunately last night, while spending time having a meal out with mrs. Dark is always lovely, the meal itself was over priced for the quality. Hopefully though soon we'll find somewhere nice in this town which can make up for a few of the places we lost.

@orko what is I heart radio? Is that an us specific thing?

personally I use youtube for looking up odd bits of audio or downloading the occasional track, it's really handy when I have music to learn and what to hear three  four versions of something.
I've tried this with amazon prime but the  selection is pretty crappy and doesn't encourage me to pay for unlimited, as I said for me the main attraction to prime is actually the free delivery, which is sort of ironic in itself given that most of the  stuff my lady and I bought from amazon have actually been cds, which for some utterly illogical reason work out cheaper than trying to buy the things as mp3 downloads, which is just plane loopy!

@Angel I'm afraid I'd personally recommend just forgetting the Amazon echo in terms of music. unless there is a radio station you want and a corresponding skill the music services even with prime are crappy, actually Prime doesn't really do much at all for using Alexa, it's mainly about the delivery, prime video and twitch prime, I can't even get the Jeopardy skill on Alexa to do double jeopardy which it's supposed to do for prime customers but most definitely doesn't in the Uk).

On the plus side, for free games  and fun skills there is a lot on offer, which is where the Echo really shines as a device.