Re: Linux assistance center

blindndangerous wrote:

So from what I heard, Voxin is extremely old and needs specific libraries that are very old, possibly nott supported any longer just to even build it. Is this still true?  Also, has anyone tried linux mint? I've heard that was good. I only know of Debian, ubuntu and arch. Cali I believe will work, but I'm unsure how to get it up and running. Knoppix is also still a viable option to at least get your feet wet. It uses LXDE, or it did last time I used it.  I don't see the point of emacspeak though. Maybe I'm missing something, but why would I install a distro just to install yet another system on top of it when a screenreader already exists on the base system?

Voxin installs on debian 9 which is what i use now.
As for emacspeak, when i type make emacspeak, it gives me an error, and outloud won't build either. so no idea

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kingzombie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector