iphone not accepting a two finger double tap to hang up calls

hi,
So this is going on for some time now. It is extremely annoying. When hanging up a call, when I double tap with two fingers, it is detected as a single tap, and sometimes sets off the keypad. I tried reinstalling ios, but no go. I suspect it is a bug in ios or voiceover. Btw this is an iphone 6. Also when answering, a double tap is sometimes detected and sometimes not. One final thing, most of the time, my fingerprint is not recognized by ios when signing into the device. Is it due to me using a thumb? or is it due to another bug in ios. I recall 11 having such a bug. In any case, upgrading to 11 was one of the stupidest dicisions I ever made.