Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

@Phoenix: If you press control + shift + L it will open a text log, and you can copy the spoken errors from that document.

@Darth Scorp: Spoiler-ish responses to your criticisms below... ***be warned***

Regarding the basement, this has been raised by a couple other folks, and we will probably flesh this area out a bit in a future update. The truth is, it was never intended as a map to actually be explored, and as plans changed and the opportunity to explore it opened up, it simply fell through the cracks and we kind of forgot to do anything with it.

Regarding variety based on your responses, I can tell you with full confidences that how you treat certain characters in the game most certainly does have effects. Will every nasty thing you say have an immediate or apparent effect? Of course not. Nor will every different response have a different effect every time—that would require an untenable degree of variety in quest design and would pretty much double the amount of dialogue in the game. For the record, I'd love for there to be more of this type of dynamic response—but we had to be sparing, because of limited resources. However, to say that there is no difference in the gameplay experience based on what sort of responses you choose is just patently incorrect.

However, regarding the ending, yes, you don't have the option of turning into a dark overlord, or seeing Farhaven completely in ruin, or anything like that. I know a lot of people were expecting this sort of branching ending, but that wasn't a convention we chose to use, for a number of reasons.

So I guess at the end of the day, it depends on what you mean by saying that your choices "don't matter at all." Do they matter in the overall plot? No, I suppose they don't. Do they matter in determining what little bits of narrative variety you experience? They certainly do. But, all of that said, I'm sorry to hear that this didn't live up to your expectations.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hayri Tulumcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Game Man via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Game Man via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Game Man via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : angellic24 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector