null access point - help with some code?

I'm not gonna be apologizing for using bgt heh, although I'm supposed to get around to learning something else. But after not having used it for years I figured I'd rewrite one of my favourite games - super deecout.
I could've used simpler code but I wanted the function to be reusable.
Anyway this throws up an error I can't seem to solve. I don't remember how to work with handles it seems.
class coin
{
double x;
double y;
coin()
{
}
}
coin@[] generate_coinmap(int coin_counter, int map_size)
{
coin@[] coinrun;
  coinrun.resize(coin_counter);
int tempy;
int tempx;
for(int counter=0; counter <coinrun.length()-1; counter++)
{
coinrun[counter].y=random(1, map_size);
coinrun[counter].x=random(1, map_size);
tempy=coinrun[counter].y;
tempx=coinrun[counter].x;
for(int counter2=0; counter2<=counter; counter2++)
{
if((coinrun[counter2].y==tempy)&&(coinrun[counter2].x==tempx))
{
counter--;
break;
}
}
}
return coinrun;
}
// this next part was just to test the coin list generator but is incomplete because of the runtime errors.
void main()
{
file lol;
coin@[] feck;
feck=generate_coinmap(20, 20);
string hunt;
lol.open("output.txt", "w");
for(int heh=0; heh<feck.length()-1; heh++)
{
hunt+""+feck[heh].y+", "+feck[heh].x+"\r\n";
}
}