Re: What are PC Games and optical character recognition options?

OCR is functional for the VM example above. I'd be very uncertain trying to do anything that required actual high degrees of accuracy, or dealt with any strange fonts, images, etc.
I've managed to use it to read the screen of a terminal in a linux vm (85% accuracy or so), or to determine if I'm at the login prompt. It doesn't do nearly as well reading other kinds of messages, and no matter what you do there's a degree of guesswork involved.
Short version: its better than anything we've had before, but its not perfect, and in some cases will fail outright.
I'll also note that this is NVDA with windows 10. I have not attempted to use JFW so can't speak to its accuracy or usability.