Re: How can blinds handle CSS withouth sighted help?

(I think the official slang term is blindies).
I have been searching this problem for a while, and have come to the realization that just as a sighted developer can't build a good interface for a screen reader without testing it with a screen reader, a blind programmer can't develop custom CSS widgets.
Bootstrap is perfect for blind people, so is using widgets from a toolkit like AccDC.
The developer of AccDC is blind and he partnered with a sighted graphics designer to build the CSS for the widgets in the technical style guide.
I have tried making nice interfaces using CSS, but it doesn't work very well. We just don't have the technology yet to allow us to position and understand color shading without vision. I am working on this problem in my masters degree, so hopefully soon we will have a solution!
For now, using CSS from a sighted person is the best method.