Re: Urgent! major problem with Internet explorer

well unfortunately little after the horse has bolted in this case but I have my OS on one drive and everything else on another which makes it really easy to make a system image. I do this once a week. delete the old one, make a new one then if my system goes totally fubar I can do an image restore which takes about 15 minutes and totally wipes the system drive and replaces all the data exactly as it was when the backup was taken.
well worth the time and buggering about. if you only have one drive to play with it's easy enough to partition it so you have a small partition for system drive and your d drive or what ever it'll be will have tons of space on. then set your documents, downloads etc to save to the secondary partition. works a treet.

also, you didn't say if you tried malware bytes. that usually gets rid of pups and stuff like that. there is a toolbar remover as well that gets rid of addons for internet explorer but I can'r remember what it's called. i'll look and see if I still have a copy.