Re: An interesting article about Public Education

Something tells me this person may have been a gifted student when in high school.  gifted students end up doing exceptionally well in school...most of the time.  The problem lies that thi sperson was not challenged enough in school and found the assignments useless and boring, even though he or she does not realize that not everyone around him is as smart.  Gifted students are sometimes found to get bored in class, and begin to disrupt it or just skip all together.  This is usually why most schools have programs for gifted students to learn outside of school on trips, to keep them educated and entertain as school is something that will turn useless to them real fast.  And this person sounds like this is what happened to them.

  However, I question his mental capability with the way he refered to students with learning challenges as idiots.  And generalized that all disruptive students as stupid.  In my experience, all the disruptive s tudents in my class were the most intelligent and experienced students there were.  They  had knowledge in advanced concepts and flew through tests when they decided to take them.  yet, they happily disrupt the class for others to entertain themselves, not caring that these classes actually do have an impact on students.

   As well, he lacks any evidence of his findings, and doesn't seem to link to anything.  As well as generalizing way too much, which opens huge flaws in his argument.  My group of "robots" as he would refer to us can easily destroy everything he said and watch as all the things he tries to hide behind either does not exist or can be turned against him (Or her, ack, need to stop assuming people are always male).

    I kind of also have a thing against gifted people or those who exhibit this type of attitude to the school system and people they blame that hold back people's education, mainly the special needs student.  I had an incident wheee this 12 year old protogy bumped into my older brother who was a monster and began belittling him as he knew my older brother was a special needs student.  His mother was nearby and was about to make a move to shut him up, but I probably did something that would kind of have gotten me arrested.  My older brother has a lot of neurological and emotional illnesses, and can easily get distressed and began crying.  I quickly ran up to the kid before his mother did, raised him up into the air, and most likely scared him to death.  I reminded him that he was probably being the biggest dumbass in this entire room, trying to mess with someone who could easily destroy him and most likely not suffer harsh consequences.  I also remind him that as smart as he was, he's an idiot in the true world, lacking any real skills that would get him through the world as he was one of those students that thought sc hool was useless and began to slack off.  I also reminded him that special needs students are not retarded or stupid, they were just not as lucky as this so called gift to the world, who began peaing himself most likely, and needed special ays to let them not feel different, as well as not be discriminized. I lastly told him the reason the school was treating him so well in that gifted program thing was that if it was not for the school's attempt to satisfy his learning, he would be a useless piece of shit, even worse then the one he was yelling at as he would have the ability, just be too fucking lazy.  This ended with me dropping the kid, him turning to his mom and getting the beating of a life time from her.

   Again, many people who complain about the school system and the students are really out of touch with what's actually going on.  They ignore many other factors that could be causing difficulties, and over generalizing.  They a ssume everyone has the ability to be as smart as  them, and those who are not are who are running the schools and holding everyone else back.  This is wrong, cruel, and makes them look like egotistical ass holes.  honestly, if these people ran the state, they would approve such practices of ewegenics, and be highly prone to being racist and discriminatory. (well basing this on how the author of that article was referring to people)  Again, this is obvious from this writer as they referred to students who disrupt classes as idiots.  Those that should not be allowed to go to school.

   My advice, if you have a problem with the school system, strive to try to promote change for the better as honestly there is a lot of improvement that needs to be done.  but don't be like the robots who find life too difficult or too easy and just fall on poking fun at the system everyone else uses.  do something revolutionary, or is that to o hard for this person to do.

   In short, get a fucking life.  People strive to get one, that is why they use the tools provided by life to achieve these goals.  Fine you honestly did not need to use it, but others do.  Again, double check what your argument is for, provide evidence, and fucking show me something that isn't some genius who is still living in his mothers basement as he was too fucking lazy to get an effort to earn his life.

   Sorry for the language, again, I get mad with how so called geniuses make fun of the current school system and then provide no practical advice to improve it.