Some Chrome issues

Hi,
So like many others on here, I decided to move over from Firefox to Chrome recently, mainly due to the former’s slow response in version 57.
Everything has been working well until recently, when I started experiencing a few odd issues:
Firstly, the alt + left arrow combination, to go back, just stopped working one day, no matter what page I’m on. The best solution I could find was an addon that enables backspace to serve that purpose and it’s working. However, much more concerning is another issue, where I simply cannot interact with text fields any longer. I type something but there’s no way for me to read back anything I’m doing; so as a consequence I’m copying this post from elsewhere just to post, I hope that works. This also worked fine until recently, so my only guess is that an update broke accessibility. Is anyone else having similar problems and is there any kind of solution?