Re: Opinions on The Gate

While the difficulty curve may be slightly off in the early game, as mentioned previously, things even out markedly once the sword is acquired. As far as dealing with ghosts and the gray lady in the early game, judicious use of arrows goes a long way. Later in the game, you can use some enemies' attacks to your advantage. There is an enemy that places bombs which can be used to blow up other enemies. One tactic I have fun with is letting that enemy follow me until I collect a bunch of other enemies following me, then let it drop a bomb and run while the other enemies get blown away. There's also a wind enemy that does minor damage and blows you several steps away. This can actually be used to your advantage if you get surrounded.