Re: The racing auditory display (RAD)

@23
I'm going to be blunt here.  Disparaging comments such as yours in this thread have discouraged me from getting involved in this large swath of negativity.

That being said, I am of the counter opinion to yours.  Instead of developers, indie or otherwise, developing bespoke audiogames, it's a far better idea for the industry as a whole to implement accessibility features into the same game as is being played by the majority.  This is, in part due to a simple fact: Accessibility features, as well as helping the relatively niche markets they are intended for, also assist the userbase at large.  Though this may not be entirely true to options catering to those with no vision whatsoever, things like colourblind modes can help a large percentage of the audience to adjust the game to their preferences.

I will not comment any further until I have actually played around with this new system for myself as I do not believe I am at a point where I can fully explore this system's potential advantages and disadbantages compared to previous efforts in the genre.