Re: The Quest to save Stephen Hawking's Voice

Hi.
[[wow]], this does sound interesting.
I still prefur I must say the old symbian eloquence 8khz to the 16bit one because it just sounds all wrong.
But yeah the dectalk, it is nice, yes I have the sapi version but my biggest gripe is the volume output of some of the voices which basically mean its got no real use for me.
I do wander what will happen to the horking voice, one wanders if all ports will be available free or at low cost for us to et, I do hope so.
Its interesting to note that paul on dectalk is an emulation of that voice to a point.
But like all things, things do die.
Certainly things don't last as long unless you invest in it.
It reminds me about the steve jobs documentary I watched on tv last week and the frenzy on this and that.
I remember such a frenzy of mine, in 2008 my old dos box died and I really tried to get another.
I couldn't, later on I got into windows with com0com but to be honest never really used dos as I used to.
Now on 64 bit com0com just doesn't want to work and while I could use dos with jaws I just don't know.
I really don't have the old keynote gold sa synth I got from a junk pile ages ago to mount old dos and use my keysoft and mastertouch disks even so I have them still.
As I have just about every disk but that will be changing.
When I move house, and I will be, I plan to chuck out basically all the old backup cds, floppy disks, including all my versions of dos, my old 32 bit satelite, 2 old broken systems and an old broken keynote that has seen better days.
The batter got dropped and is broken the box is broken a lot of it is no good.
But well its a pile of junk, but if someone came over that was passionate  like me then well who knows.
I would really like a keynote gold sapi voice, but its like that old stuff is in the bin now and it was better than any of the newer systems now.
Espeak is the same robotic synth almost but I do miss the keynote gold.