Re: the Wastes update pack

@Stirlock:
Either way, my point (a) above still stands. Its a clear effort of the Mush-z development team to press for Mush-z only being used with Alter aeon, and since I fully understand their reasons for this, I've chosen to support them in that effort. You are, of course, free to configure your version any way you want, and the pack will work fine either way.

@Dark:
Towns were actually one of the driving reasons behind my original idea for this project. The output window handles them beautifully.
Since the source for the Wastes itself no longer exists, it is *impossible* to modify the game directly. Thus, MushClient (or some other wrapping layer) is the only way to make any of these updates. Because of its flexibility and ease of use, I've chosen to use MushClient as that wrapping layer. Its technically possible for any equally capable software, if configured to work with socketwrap, to do the same thing (see https://nightvista.net/theWastesPack/te … Notes.html for more details on exactly how everything works together). If you want to play without redesigning the entire pack yourself though, you'll need to install a copy of MushClient.

@JasonBlaze:
The full pack including all core Wastes files is currently around 30mb. This is because, as I mention on the project homepage, all of the ambience is now handled by MushClient, reducing its size by about 95%.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector