Pokemon anaversiry crystal hanging and corrupting saves?

Hi,

So I decided to try out the anaversiry edition of pokemon crystal to get a more of a R Y B feel, and things were going great, besides the sounds getting stuck for a few seconds,that is hanging up and so on.
I trained 5 pokemon to level 15,won a baj etc,however
The hanging up for a few seconds became constent when I tried to pathfind once,to get out of that I loaded a current save, pressed the [ key when it wouldnt respond,after pressing that key it became normal, however my save slot has reverted to a very old one where I started with my first pokemon!

My question is, is there a way to stop these stutters? which happen for a few seconds and the ones that corrupt the savefiles as well?
The stutters are a miner anoyance, even though they happen quite often, its the one that gets it stuck that I am wondering about how to fix.
If you have any ideas solutions,they are welcome.
Using bootcamp windows 10,running in compatability mode win7, high scale dpi disabled.
I5 processor,2.7GHZ 8gb ram etc.
Grryf