Re: Bye, bye, Alexa

@Orko, Firstly please just relax, no need to  being tense just because your holding a different opinion.

I'll say myself, my issue with a card reader tied to one website is rather similar to  dislike of Itunes. Suppose I buy a card reader for this site and use my card in it. That is fine as far as this specific site goes, but what happens next time I want to buy something else on a service not! supported by this site? or make a charitable donation with my credit card, or heck just use my credit card over the phone to order pizza big_smile.

If the reader were to let you stick in a credit card and also! give you the number that would be a good thing indeed, since then you have the choice of when or where to use your card, either with the reader on this reseller site or somewhere else. Likewise, if the card reader were generalised so that it would work with a number of sites that would be a good thing, but I will admit the idea of having a card you cannot otherwise read and only a reader attached to one site that can access it smacks a little too much of monopolisation for my liking.
Of course if I had this reader I could still get my card details read (my bank will do it if nobody else will), but then again if I am having my credit card details read anyway, what is the point exactly of using a usb card reader in the first place?

Yes admittedly, the hole world these days is tied to monopolisation and virtually every company out there is  increasingly trying harder and harder to tie you to their ecosystem and nothing else, but no reason to accelerate this process in the name of accessibility if you can avoid it.