Re: desafio mortal

HI,
Did anyone see my previous posts in this topic at all? I am aware of what decisions have been made in the past, but those are in the past. Those are when it spiraled. I'd argue it's not spiraling and that it was more a case of emergency.
As it currently stands, we do not have full on proof if the newer version still has stolen code, or, as we no doubt all hope, the code has been changed and it's just using similar concepts. While I could very easily just close this topic down and be done, what happens if we then learn that the game had indeed, been changed and is no longer using code? What will that say for new devs? That, if anything has an inkling of concepts similar to anything from before, it could be shut down? I don't think so! If we don't have any new proof, then what do you expect, when I've also been looking for that proof myself and can't find it?
To those comparing stolen code to piracy... I've spoken to a developer who I'd argue is extremely experienced, and one of the only people I'd trust on this subject, and we are talking about a much, much more complex issue. Piracy is very clear cut. Stolen code is not, and while it's certainly not accepted, we can't just close a topic because it seems so similar to a previous work just becasue it uses the same sounds or camera system, heck what if the dev is using said camera system for familiarity purposes? Just because 2d platformer uses the same camera does that he mean he cloned Yukio's code? Nope! I'll say it again. What happens if this topic is closed and then the eventual proof comes out that, in fact, we were wrong and the code had, indeed, been changed?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohammed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aamir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : best audiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : best audiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : best audiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Bogdan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : best audiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector