Re: Bookworms: what are you reading/listening to now?

Sorry, I think I got the wrong end of the stick there. Thought you were just talking about great dystopia books rather than specifically influential young adult ones.
As for sub plots, I'm all for multiple threads as long as they seem vital to the overall story, and are just as enjoyable to read and keep the story moving forward. Otherland for instance must have had eight or nine strands, and yet they were all strong, and you never felt like oh no we've got to put up with this for a chapter while the main story is left jogging on the spot. For the first two thirds, Otherland was like reading half a dozen good books at once. It's books that have threads that seem secondary and obligatory that I can't be doing with.