Re: Why most kids prefer and care about online games? A topic to discuss

Screaming twelve-year-old's on COD and Halo? The toxic communities that surround "MOBA" titles like DOTA and Smite? The wave of assholes from gamergate that came after the reasonable first part?
IMO it's always mostly been an issue of size, and wile I don't discount the blindness factor straight off the way I used too, I still strongly believe that it's a secondary issue.
As I was saying yesterday while talking to an AG dev, I think part of the reason that we have more problems than allot of other small communities is because unlike many of them, we are not a passionate but still mainstream Indi niche group of enthusiasts who devote much of our off time to improving our specific craft or guiding new members into the fold as to increase our pool of creativity, where pretty much everyone is contributing in some way.
Rather we are a community attempting to emulate the widest possible swath of mainstream games as possible as soon as possible, and while we do have similarities, it's more about shooting for the baseline equilibrium, rather than innovating and mutually enjoying our unique hobby.
It tends to make us more judgemental, and feel as though we are owed something, and weather it's understandable or not it's the way it has been for a while, especially for the last few years.
That  subconscious bitterness, compounded by the fact that many blind people on this site seem to game all day as an escape from the employment issue,  having to accept their disadvantage in daily life, or uphill battles for resources in school is what people who seem more comfortable with their blindness often take as entitlement, but that never really struck home for me as the underlying issue here, rather just a face value simplification of the hole thing.
And yeah I get how winy this sounds, but hey, I'm being honest, and I really don't think it's just me or my friends at this point, but allot of people don't really want to dig deep and figure it out, and I'm not saying it's acceptable or shouldn't be worked on either.