Re: Setting up and using PGP, ETC

A guide on it would be helpful some time. It is just one of those times when I am thinking up some kind of encrypted communications that would be just useful enough to drive the NSA or the CIA and or ETC up the wall. I have heard of protonmail. Sounds interesting. It would be one thing to think about for sure. I will need to go and bring the site up from here, but the one advantage of doing PGP on my own computer is the fact that I can give out a public key. Now that is something that I am not too sure about sense I do not fully understand the math and or code behind it. I sort of get the idea, but most of the time, I would give the key for decryption via other means and it would be the same as the key I used for encrypting if I was not using the system that PGP uses. As I understand it though, PGP allows you to use one key for decrypting and another for encrypting. Yes I do want to play around with this kind of stuff, and I would like to really have stuff private on the net for a change, I most likely will be thankful. For those who think I am crazy here, look at what facebook did with the data you willingly gave them. Yes, I, for the most part, assumed that that info that I gave would be public, but still. That, of course means that I cannot use facebook messenger and or whats app if I wish to have a chat over the net privately. As for email, unless action from the sender and receiver is taking, that is pretty much in the clear too in case anyone cares. LOL. Most of the time, most everyone in the chain of communication probably do not care what messages you send to who. Of course, google wishes to show you ads like mores other free services on the net. That is common enough to be under stood that if you are not paying, then you are, sort of, the product. Just one of those things where I wonder how useful and how difficult it is to set something like this up seeing that most of the time I am not hiding anything because there really is not anything to hide.