NLS BARD Support: Increased BARD Security?

I received the following message in my inbox and thought that people should have a look see if this has not been seen before. Just wonder how well this will work for them. LOL.

To enhance security of patron accounts and prevent misuse, NLS will be making the following change:

Any patron account that has not been used in one year or more will be moved to an Inactive/Suspended status. Each day, BARD will check to see if a patron account was last used more than one year ago. When BARD identifies unused accounts, these accounts will be moved to the Inactive/Suspended status. Any BARD account that holds the status of Inactive/Suspended can be reactivated quickly and easily by a library administrator.

To prevent this from happening to your account, simply use the service, that’s it.

If for any reason you find yourself locked out of your account, please contact your cooperating NLS library.

We look forward to serving you for a long time to come.

The BARD Support Team

Send comments, questions, or concerns to
nlsdownl...@loc.gov

To anyone who use this survice, you have been worned. LOL.