Re: What's in your clipboard now? paste it here.

I work at a fairly small company and our office is divided into separate smaller spaces for each department. Because of my role I sit on my own, but I don’t mind, and it usually doesn’t bother me.
Today a whole team from one office walked by my desk, now this team falls into my department so I like to think we’re friendly to each other and we work closely together. I wave them off and carry on working.
They come back after what now turns out to be having a team lunch, something they’ve done repeatedly, a few people say “Oh, did no one invite you?” and another responds “We didn’t think you’d want to come along, you usually never do” point being that they never bother to ask me and want to make themselves feel better.
This isn’t the first time they’ve “forgotten” to invite me, they have their clique and that’s their decision not to include me, my hobbies are fairly different and I don’t like drinking at lunch time.
I grit my teeth, order food in and carry on with my work. I was pissed off but nothing that a burrito bowl can’t fix.
Que an hour later, I get a message on Instagram. I won a competition! A huge bottle of Gin & 8 bottles of excellent tonic is about to be delivered to my office! I’m thrilled, my favourite drink and after a long week very well earned.
So my prize arrives, I thank them profusely and consider for a moment, ‘I could share this with the office, we’re small and this bottle of gin could go around to give everyone a drink on a Friday’
Instead, I remember the colleagues that left me behind yet again and decide I’m taking it home and plan to make it last as long as possible.
Happy Friday

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Fox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector