I'm Stepping Back (or down if you prefer)

I sent this email to the audiogames mods list.

It’s nothing personal, but I find that I simply don’t have the gumption to go on being an admin any more.

Let’s face it, I’ve been getting rather fraught on here of late.  Maybe, by itself, that’s totally to be expected, but finding that there are things that I’d rather be doing than reading the day-to-day mud-slinging, the tedium of administration of the various administration topics and reports, etc. both on the forum and on here, just makes me realise that the light has gone out.  Without the light, there is no energy, and without the energy there is no purpose.  I have other things that I want and need to do, personal affairs to attend to, etc., and they would be helped by not having this particular albatross around my neck.

I still have hope for this forum.  I hope that the rest of you will bring about the vision that this forum needs, of fun, compassion, warmth, robust discussion and civility, where disagreements happen in a casual and friendly manner, without all the unnecessary impositions and attacks.  When that happens and I find myself to be once again a regular forum-goer in a regular capacity, and the chance to help presents itself, and the time allows it again, I’ll gladly reconsider giving my assistance.

Until then, I’m off, for a breather or three.  Thank you one and all for your continued vigilance, and I hope it works out.  For me, it’s back to gaming with the regulars in my own time, and enjoying life as best I can.

I will leave the mailing list running until you can transition.  There’s no rush—the machine isn’t going anywhere soon—but somebody will need to receive administrivia emails and will need the password for the list itself.  Whoever it is should come forward.  Dark, I believe, still has both, so he might be able to mediate.

If somebody on here could please demote me to ordinary member, I shall remove myself from this mailing list.  I have already cancelled the daily reports checking, although I can see about changing the code to inform the list if you think that would help you.  It’s clear that the PunBB internal code for this purpose does not work.

Cheers again to one and all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector