Re: A problem after reinstalling Windows

What happens if rename the user account to what it was previously? I should add that the previous account was linked to my microsoft account (it showed my MSN avatar and email address on the sign-in screen, which was kinda creepy tbh), and I've seen no indication that the new user is.
I'm also wondering if it's possible to roll things back in a more manual, piece-by-piece way? Ex, merging old\program files with the new, or copying in the various ntuser*.dat or whatever files? I'm not sure how likely this is to break things. Would it help if I could figure out precisely what got corrupted, and basically roll back everything else? Assuming it's something that can be isolated. Any ideas how I'd go about finding it, other than moving things by hand until something breaks?