Re: Why Linode's activation process is so terrible?

Linode has never done that to me and I've used them a few times over the years. I'd highly suspect fraud at this point, and would recommend you contact your bank to ensure that no transactions have been executed on your card without your concent, and then contact Linode to see if your user account exists in their systems (and to determine if your order was ever processed).