Re: preserving the BMMV TV shows

Hi,
All that I have read is all very good news.
the bt sync folder, the back up of shows that people have, makes it more likely that we end up losing none or very few of the tv shows that the bmmv had.
The server is still downloading. and compiling a list of files that its missing.
I should have the list at you guys soon as possible, so that you guys if you have any of the missing tv shows could get on uploading if you wish and want to help.
So far the http or ftp method imo seems the best out of all the options, with limitations if the load is a bit too much.

The payment and finances.
The people that are willing to donate whatever and how much ever within their capacity are all welcome to do so, there have been generous people willing to do a monthly donation too which obviously this server will need. I will send you my paypal email address if you have expressed an interest towards donating for the server, but read what I have written below, first.
My suggestion is that one person does them every month, if you express you want to be a donater I could get you into a group  where you amongst yourself could decide who's doing what.
However if that doesn't seem comfortable suitable (I understand today we have extra funds to spend,later one you may not) , I suppose you guys could donate at my paypal, (paypal doesn't allow donations in my country so I will have to put up a buy now button instead)
and of course not all of what you guys donate will come to me I mean, paypal conversion fees will have some of that, when I pay the conversion fees will eat some up too etc. All I can say and promise is that I won't be a dick and use even a single cent or 0.0001% of the donations for myself.
I feel strongly about everybody having access to things such as ADV movies and tv shows, lack the finances to meet costs myself, and this is the only reason,wait I have said all this before so yeah. lol.
What is best is for you to decide, I have layed out all the information for you to see, and ponder over.
if someone like kaigoku or anyone else well known of course, wants to handle the donation front and a paypal account in the US or whatever, I'd be up for that too.
Let me lay down the costs for you guys so far.
The server costs as they stand now are farely low, 10 Euros (11 12 euros roughly including paypal) a month, setup and all the VAT etc was about 21 25 27 euros including paypal, which I payed out of my pc savings... lol.
These may go up, if we realise that we may need a better server
I intend to get a domain soon, probably spring for a free one if one can be found, else go for a cheap one, should be around $8/ $9 cloudflair for DDOS etc protection etc which should be another $5 or 6 7 depending on paypal and exchange rates.
Edit: Cloudflare offers a free plan, and then the next tear is $20, so I have no clue what's up with that, let me see if they can just do the Dos protection etc, or if with my server that's even needed.
any guidance suggestions ideas are more than welcome.
as soon as things are a bit ship shape, I should open up the server for the public slowly, of course.
But that will take a bit of time.
Grryf

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lightningdragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daniel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector