Re: Installing Linux or Cloud Ready on my late 2006 Mac Mini

http://coderazzi.net/linux/macmini2006/macmini.htm says,

---

This is a 32-bit EFI Mac, and its just refuses to boot from a UEFI(X64)+BIOS bootable CD/DVD, which as it goes, is the format of the Ubuntu server installation disc. There is a solution: to remove UEFI support from the CD first.

---

I am not sure if the same applies to a 32-bit ISO image though. Try booting an older distro as a debugging step perhaps.