Cataclysm, dark days ahead help

Greetings all. I just got a linux distribution on a virtual machine to try this roguelike out. You might know that i'm a big fan of random generation, and violence, so yeah, cdda is probably what i'm looking for. Guns, vehicles, death. My only problem is i don't know where to start with linux and with this game in general. Can anyone help with this? The windows version is still not accessible, meh sad