Re: Super Smash Brothers Ultimate: Game Discussion

At 30:  Only reason I can list the above is because I have ownership over the game due to my brother's wanting it.  I did say for people who don't do what you said don't do can have fun with it as this is a game where you play with nintendo characters to knock each other off the screen.  I was mostly just listing stuff that make the game hard for what is a $360 purchase for many people without a switch (no one promotes this console over the PS4 and Xbox1).  Though it's a simpler fighting game within the mainstream, for us it is harder due to the wider range of mobility and hazards on non-competitive maps.  There's a lot more possibilities for a person jumping compared to mortal kombat where the plain of battle is completely flat across.

    What i"m actually against and why I sort of went off is people describing this thing with the word accessible rather than playable.  It just has some random qwerks that make it navigable for the menu, but there's nothing aiding us to navigate the actual battle itself.  It's playability is even in question, especially for those seeking for something to play competitively as that is a crowd in this forum that are interested in fighting games.  The fun scene is great if you don't mind turning everything into a slapstick comedy (this is fun don't get me wrong).  But if you picked up the game to play competitively...getting a match 1 v1 with no items or hazards is hard, and lots of high competitive maneuvering requires sight along with timing to not fall off the stage trying to knock someone down since they moved right as you committed to the jump off the stage.  Not everyone here has a switch, and spending $300 on a switch and $60 for a game that might just be too annoying over the fun factor might leave people with $360 they could of put somewhere else.  Probably the best thing to do is to maybe try to find someone who has the game to try it out first, or a demo and see how that goes.