Re: A new release from kid friendly software. Isn’t half bad.

Well in terms of price, one problem is that the limited coin to play model tends to feel more restricted than it actually often is in practice, and if you work the games out in terms of what you actually need to play they're less expensive than you think, indeed I'd say on average the price tends to work out at about 4 usd per game/mode, as with say blindfold basketball, its just that the games often sell different variants of the same game for a similar price, while they sell complete bundles for a slightly higher price for both, EG in blindfold basketball, you can buy the coach play mode and play with other players modes separately for four dollars each, or both at once for 7 dollars. You can play the coach games quite happily on their own, indeed I played several when I was working out the db entry.

Similarly Blindfold wheel of fortune initially looks bloody expensive since the full pack of everything costs about 24 dollars. However, the game initially comes with 1200 different puzzles. That means you'd need to play the game 1200 different times to see everything (and that is assuming that you don't have the repeat phrases option on).

You can buy unlimited play after the initial 25 plays for two dollars I believe, and again, there is no need to buy the other question categories if you don't want to, indeed on this model Blindfold wordsearch works out as the same price as Game world, ie four dollars to unlock all categories.

the one thing I do think the blindfold games are expensive for, is charging money for essentially either small customisations or minimal play options or adaptations.
For example, customisation of other players, or of dog stats in Blindfold doggie.

Indeed, one design fault I often feel with the Blindfold games is that they  challenge for customisation, EG instead of letting you unlock harder game modes, simply having harder game options possible to set in the preferencces or require you to actually pay money for them, rather than having them available as rewards or discoveries as you play.

that being said, I have liked the design in many of the games, in particular the use of haptic control methods in games like Blindfold breakout and blindfold juggle, heck, many of the sports games like blindfold bowling and shuffleboard can be something of a fine art in themselves to get the distance and movements down pat.

So, while I do think there is a little justification for the common accusationn that the Blindfold games  both on the pricey side and designed primarily for novice gamers, at the same time I don't think dismissing all the work without giving them a try is exactly fair either.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector