Re: Jenux OS, The "Next Jen!"

So now I download the file manually, because I'm fed up with this failing. The Mac's bullshit autoextract thing turns it into root.tar before I even see it do its thing. Ok, so maybe that isn't so bad. Then, having really nothing else to copy it to, I copy root.tar to /dev/disk2s2 the large partition. I do the mounting again, and then do:
sudo bsdtar tf root.tar
And it seems to do everything, my partition has some 10gb used after deleting root.tar, but now my card just won't boot in the Pi. I mean there's no speech feedback, after trying both a usb soundcard and analog headphones. What the actual hell is going on. Again, I would just hand an img over to the raspberryvi.org folks. They have enough space to host the stuff along with auto-expand scripts. This is just ridiculous. Unless I'm missing something. I know the iso had its issues, but I didn't expect that the img would as well.
Don't get me wrong, I could always install rasbian lite again, but I've gone through the mate/piespeakup/omx code time and again and have no desire to do that all over. No, I do not have that image to fall back to. I backed up the contents I actually needed and just destroyed it on the card because I didn't really need it anymore.