How to start with Shadow rine?

Hello,
Since I don't want the full voice version, I have installed the normal one. When I press enter on the game, a dialog comes up with 2 options, one is Japanese, one says pc talker. since I don't use pc talker I choose the other one. Then I don't get sppeech output to NVdA at all. Can you please tell me how to get started with this non-speech acted version? Thanks.