Re: Dynamic Deck engine with sample game, by Aprone

First of all: Happy new year to all and especially to our great Aprone!

I've been struggling with an idea last night. And i am totaly splitted!
One part of me is of the opinion that one fact would spoil the original concept of this project too much.
But the other part of me likes this idea very much!
I will post it and i will come to a little offtopic question.

OK, here is the idea:
What if you could have access to a certain card in your deck by pressing f1 for example.
I will try to explain the derivation:
There is one normal random picked card which tells you, that one of your crewman asks if he is alowed to specify in Tactical technics. After you selected "OK" a new card will be added in your deck. This card alowes the player to set to manipulate the shieldpower or weaponstrength.
Aaand, thats the main point, you can activate the card with the f1 key as long your special weapons-technics-officer is alife. Sure he can die. Thats a nother random-event card, haha.
The important question is: Will this key-assignment spoil the game-concept too much?
In my opinion yes. So this post brings me more to another question.
Aprone: Would you maybe like to create another game-creator-engine? It would still be based on more random events and selecting decisions. But the main part would be a little bit more complex in case of controlling?
For example you could try to mix in this cards-concept plus dices and maybe a Board?

The point is: I dont want to push your DD-Engine too much out of the track.
I see the scripting-language and ask my self how high we can go with this and still keep it simple.
Hope you get my point!
Realy! This is only a little mindgame!

Again: Best wishes for all of us and a great 2019!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bboyer202 via Audiogames-reflector