A pick from the barrel

Over the past couple of weeks we've had more than a massive barrel of news, see the new releases room for the full details. Unfortunately, I've been slightly indisposed for a while, however now i'm back and the cyberelves have been duely and violently punished (it wasn't their fault I was away, but I punished them anyway just to keep in practice).

So, while this is by no means the some total oof all the news we've had hear are some highlights, and most recent offerings.

First off, for anyone who hasn't played it, A Dark Room on Iphone is absolutely worth a look. A   textual rpg set in a mysterious and deadly world that you only learn more of as you play. Start in the dark room and light a fire, then see your journey expand as you gather followers, build a variety of weapons and types  and armor and venture out into the  wilderness. For more information see Th is topic though I'd recommend going and checking the game out in the Iphone Ap store first since the topic does contain some spoilers and if there is one game you don't want spoiled it's this one.

And if your an Rpg fan it doesn't stop there. As of literally today, the Startraders Rpg for Iphone and Android has recieved a great navigation expantion. This gives you all the fun of flying around in your own ship, completing missions and working for a faction, all from the comfort of your favourite  hand held device. Previously the game was almost accessible accept for the starmap, but thanks to new  navigation options that has changed. You can learn more in This topic or check out the game in  the ap store for whichever device you own.

Next, something for all the Pc owners. for anyone who doesn't know (since I do confess this is a rather late news item), che martin has  wheeled  rale racer 2 out of the garage and is now offering a public beta, with a playable demo likely to come soon. the new  version has far too many changes to summarise in one short news post, but they include the ability to add gradient to tracks so that you'll need to speed up hills or blast down them, the addition of power up rings and some major changes with tag racing and levelling. Check out This topic for a more complete list from Che, happy racing.

finally, not everything here is aimed at adults. 7-128 have added a new game to their list of kid's educational games, this one a question and answer session in which kids must choose from a set of 36 objects the  ones that fulfill a certain question, such as what would you take to the beech. Like their inspector cindy mysteries and several of their puzzle games, all their educational games are accessible and great  for visually impared kids, since all the games speak and the sounds are just as amusing as the pictures. You can Read more here on the 7-128 site

Happy gaming.