Re: Jenux OS, The "Next Jen!"

@Hacker:

Sweet. I'm running into an issue, however....the latest Arch speech-dispatcher requires espeak-NG, not regular espeak since that's apparently an Arch requirement now. So....I removed espeak, installed espeak-NG and for  some reason, it won't show up or be detected, despite installing correctly.  Ideas? I did sudo pacman -R espeak&&sudo pacman -S espeak-NG theneditedspeechd.conf to uncomment espeak-NGand comment out espeak. That....only resulted in espeak disappearing from the synths list.

Now, is the espeak listed in Orca by  default actually espeak-NG and I'm missing something, or....?

Also, idiot question of the day from me. I'll assume I don't need to redownload the ISO to take advantage of the standard kernel vs LTS change, right? I figured all that was in the script.

Couple of notes:

There's a bunch of head errors about invalid number of lines, and again, if you  can make the yes/no on encryption apply globally, i.e. encryption no = no for the swap too, that'd be a welcome change smile Unlike some people I don't care how messy code is long as it works in the end.

Also one more question. For the sudo pacman --syyu that I was curious about. Is there a way with Mate to hide the notification o X pakage updates available? I've got into the habit of saying alright, I'll upgrade my system on a Friday or a Sunday, I don't need to know any  other times of the week. So.....Can I easily hide the notifications?
Also, I absolutely love hrvoice,.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector