Re: Thinking of bying a cheap windows 10 laptop, have some questions

These days ebay is no different to the likes of Amazon. Pretty much everyone who sells on Amazon, also sells on ebay. You're just as protected when buying from a seller via ebay as you are via Amazon. Most of those millions of refurbished computers are there because people get rid of them after two years because they've slowed down. All sellers have done to most of them to call them refurbished is test them, reinstall the OS,  and give them a wipe with a damp rag. You just need to swap out the drive and you're set. Most of us want everything brand new and bang up-to-date, so a lot of that stuff on ebay is in perfect condition. The more you shop on there, the more you find this out. I've bought tons of stuff off ebay, including two so-called refurbished small form factor dells for under 140GBP (177USD), and they both work fine. I've had one for around two years, and the other for nearly a year. I'm now completely confident buying used desktops on ebay. If they're faulty and it wasn't mentioned in the description, we're protected and we'll get our money back.