Re: The right way. Choose between C# and Python for audio game development

I think your looking at this the wrong way, avoiding possibilities because they look too hard. In BGT, everything is layed out and given to you. In other languages this isn't the case. You'll be forced to find a solution that works. This might, nevermind will, require getting your hands dirty if you ever wish to be successful. Not much in our world is just, easy. If it were, everyone and their less talented friend would be churning out new content by the day.

Here I see the BGT trap that's taken over parts of this community.

I'll leave you with some comments. for starters, I've been programming in python for years now. It's been perfectly fine for my needs. If you decide to go that route, I'd be more than happy to help you out. Python, really isn't all that slow. The ones who insist on this fact are just inexperienced, as it's usually the implementation more than anything. You can't look at other games and say they're slow or bad so must be the language in question. Don't discard a language because X or Y game or library doesn't work well, seriously. Just grab something, play with it, use it, master it. Stop questioning so much. Please don't head down the pondering path this way. You could either learn a language and code in it, or spend that time wondering what language to learn and use for coding. Up to you, really. Either way, you have my opinion and that's python.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nikita via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector