Re: CVAA Accessibility Rules Now In Effect

Nintendo is certainly worth a shot (there was a popup event to test the new Mario Party release in my area, and I did point out to them the lack of accessibility of the Switch. Incidentally, that whole thing arose since it was made clear how I was even playing the thing anyway (my friend was finding all the time/vibration-based minigames that I happened to be able to play.)
Who knows where this guy is in the chain of commmand, but the word is out now that someone from there has at least seen firsthand the difficulties that encompass the switch (I certainly did point out the lack of a speaking UI, and he was willing to be enlightened on a competitor's escapades when I pointed out that consoles like the Xbox have a screen-reader built in, and seemed pretty optimistic that if Nintendo got the word they should be able to pull it off. Will they? Who knows, but if nothing else, employees at Nintendo are at least not holding any stance against it.
The thing with Sony, while yes their products may be great, but they're already off the hook as far as cva is concerned. Contacting them to finish what they started probably won't lead to anywhere. You can clearly see the idiocy; they claimed the text to speech was due to special hardware only available in the US version. Bullshit. Doubletalk rc8660/dectalk chipsets left town years ago, and I know you aren't using those. Lol! Ok, the only thing that may be a legitimate issue is Nuance licensing, but considering they're a multinational company I've never seen region-locked contracts with their voices. Better still, if that's an issue, use a different synth, like Flight/Open Mary, Pico, Espeak or RH Voice. Open source all the way. Talk about taking what you get, if they made the entire UI accessible without region locking and it used an artic ssi263/sc02 I wouldn't complain.