Tiflo space, a social network and a gaming client

Hi all. It's been quite a while since we announced any news about tiflo space. Well, a completely new client is in beta, so it's quite appropriate to create a completely new topic, which will be kept up to date. I have created a 2 parts demonstration of the new client in beta, the first part running on Windows, while the second runs on Android. Links of both will be at the bottom of this post, but what follows is the translation of the opening of the public beta of the new client written by the developer himself in Russian.
We are not offering you the final release of a new cross-platform client yet, but we are announcing the start of its open testing. In this regard, we briefly describe the main aspects of the internal structure of this application.
First, as already mentioned, the new client is cross-platform. It currently runs on Windows and Android. For other operating systems, the porting will be done later, and it will not take much time.
Secondly, we completely reworked the server-client protocol of the application, as well as its foundation as a whole. Yes, it took a long time, but it was worth it.
• The client is now modular and extensible. After api is published, anyone can join the development and improvement of the client.
• Client games are also dynamic plug-ins. As before, they are created using four scripting programming languages: Pascal, Basic, Java and C ++. The process of writing new games is maximally simplified. Anyone can also create new games, but only after api documentation has been published.
• Game servers, that is, game tables, are no longer tied to who opened them. The game will never fall apart because of someone else's bad Internet. The powers of the gaming table holder are now very symbolic. The one who opened the gaming table can now in essence only nominate participants and start the game. In the event of the departure of the gaming table holder, the management of it will be transferred to some other participant.
• The game can no longer be restarted. A started game can be interrupted only for the following reasons:
1. A winner, winners and / or losers were identified;
2. One or several participants surrendered;
3. All participants agreed to a draw.
In order to surrender now it is enough just to leave the game.
• If someone is thrown out of the game for some reason out of their control, the system will take some time, now it's about 5 minutes, wait for the return of the player who has gone. If a player fails to return within five minutes, a technical defeat will be counted. Depending on the rules of the current game, the playing will either be stopped or continued, but with a changed list of participants.
• When playing with participation of rating units (toys), these rating units will be written off at the time of the start of the game, and not at the end, as before, therefore, flight from the game will become completely meaningless. Even if the player escapes from the game, his toys will remain in the general bank, and will go to the remaining participants after the technical defeat of the player who escaped. In the case of a real technical failure, for example, if a user's Internet connection is broken, as mentioned earlier, the system will wait 5 minutes, doing nothing and only after this time will initiate a technical defeat. From now on, we adhere to the following principle:
The bad internet of a particular participant is the problem of only one particular participant, but not his rivals. Each of you has 5 minutes to solve your technical problems and return to the rally. If it is impossible to solve this problem, please, no offense, you will be considered a loser. Complaints concerning the flight of players to the administration are no longer accepted and will not be considered. The resolution of such situations is completely and entirely shifted onto the system.
• Game settings are now set before the opening of the game table, and after opening they cannot be changed. Thus, if you enter, for example, the “Mile-by-Mile” game, for which the organizer has set the “with lifting of protections” setting, then be sure that it is with the lifting of protections that the game will continue. In the game search dialog you can see all the detailed information for each published game.
• All critical game algorithms are now assigned to the main server. We have previously quite successfully fought with cheaters, but in the new client it will become completely impossible to cheat. The main server constantly monitors the accuracy of the information loaded into the client, and this information is correctly distributed to all players.
• Significantly improved sound quality in voice chats. To record a voice message, now you should not hold down ctrl + enter, but only ctrl. Thus, press ctrl + enter, release enter, hold ctrl, speak, release ctrl.
• In general, the application has become much more stable and faster.
So, we have covered the main points, implemented or partially implemented in the new client. The official release of the application is in early February 2019, but now you can download its beta version While the application is published without digital signatures. To use it on Android, you will need to make additional settings for your device, in particular, you need to allow installation of applications from unknown sources in the security settings. From the Play Market, the new client can be installed only after the release. Keep in mind that as long as the program is in beta status, it will be updated frequently.
Right now in the new client you can find only one game “Mile-by-mile”. However, the game is already fully debugged and ready for use. The developer tries to preserve the usual interface of ported games as much as possible, so we hope you will orient without any problems. In the android version, to go from game to chat and back click on the status bar located at the bottom of the screen. When you first start the program, make sure that in the settings the item "Enable a simplified interface for blind users is checked. However, you can play on the graphical interface, but then you have to temporarily turn off Talk Back.
New and old clients are not compatible. You will not be able to enter the game opened in the new client from the old client and vice versa. All other popular games from the old client will very soon be transferred to the new client. The possibility of playing with the participation of rating units will also appear a little later. The developer, as always, pays great attention to the visual component, so that you can play with your sighted family, friends and acquaintances, so it will take some time to complete the porting of all popular old games. Of course, also in the coming year we will have many new interesting games!
And here's another thing ... After the release of the official release of our client, we will resume conducting competitions and quizzes on a systematic basis. Please be patient ...
As for the audio demos:
Part 1
part 2
I hope you will have fun with the client, and you can ask any questions or report bugs both on the pages of the recordings as well as this topic.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rafalko112 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector