Re: Here, have my source... what's left of it.

And this is the kind of thing that is deterring me from releasing a game, for example. Not because of one specific person, but because of the general so-called hero worship of game developers...when they have something to bring, otherwise they're getting treated like machines. I'm not defending, offending, or speaking for anyone here, but I think whether the entire! community are trolls, entitled, or whatever is irrelevant. The fact is, when you are a developer that has to deal with:
1. development itself, any developer knows that aspect is grueling.
2. people asking is it out yet, is it out yet, pulling your hair when there's a bug, or losing their shit when a project decides it's time to put it to rest?
3. drama with the game itself, and having to administrate it. Seriously, I cannot overstate how in any community (Reddit, Youtube, a game, or whatever) administration is pure hell, thanks to drama, or the admins themselves clashing in some cases.
Ok, combine all of these, and then when you have this aftereffect after, technically, you guys got your wish, the bloody sourcecode, and now are complaining that it won't be playable?
Also, as for multiplayer games I completely agree, I don't play them much if at all, ok sure i purchased a Swamp membership but can't get it to work for some odd reason. That, Road to Rage, and the dm series are probably the most original and ambitious online audiogames I have played, and yet a great many newer/younger members in this community seem to hang on to pvp kill-or-be-killed online only games, or clones of those games, like a friggin crutch! See how hard it is to please some in this community nowadays?
Granted, you don't have to please everyone, and this goes for everyone, the world doesn't owe you shit. But a small community where discord is easy to come across what with everyone obviously flocking to the game's single main discussion thread, it's hard to escape the drama lest you miss someone's legitimate bug report they could've posted. Now you see how it is?
You can't deny drama runs high in the mainstream community. However, that 's more far and wide as there are oodles of different gaming forums/groups. We as a community are too small to be anything resembling decentralization, since then how is word gonna get around? Then even so you see many of the same folks on many of the already separate communities (this forum, Audyssey, Klango pre2018 (now Elten), etc.) Not necessarily always a bad thing, but still, it isn't like you'll see a whole host of different people you would if you were to hop from one major forum to a completely different discord server.
Also, audiogame developers don't have shareholders, news outlets and constant revenue flowing in, they have only the community to see how the game is doing in the first place, otherwise why would they just make a game never to release it? Granted that's what I did too (I have a prototype that isn't going past developing stages, but the real reason for that is because it's a windows port of a braille-n-speak game and my braille-n-speak went haywire.) Anyway, disorganized rant over.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector