Re: what ides are good for a person with a less powerful pc?

I'd have to say vs code. I love it, its fast, doesn't eat your system resources, and while it only comes with two supported languages out of the box (_javascript_ and Typescript), it has an extension marketplace where you can install support for anything. The extensions aren't just there to add language support, there are also tools and utilities as well, such as a remote sftp sync one.

Three accessibility concerns, one of which I would consider a problem if I hadn't found a workaround. The first being that when moving via words, it repeats words. This, I've been told, has to do with the way the cursor actually tracks from start to end of word in the editor. The second isn't their fault and isn't really an accessibility issue as such, but it won't work with indent nav, which makes me a sad panda. It will work with NVDA's report indent by speech, tones, or speech and tones features though. The thinrd is the most serious, and the one you're gonna have to do something about if you don't want to be alt F4ing your client all the time. Using alt tab, or just leaving the client open enough can cause NVDA to not be able to focus in the window. It gets stuck, and moving about, using NVDA control shift space, or trying to switch into and out of focus mode do not help. What you need to do is open the key binding file. It's json, but it can be edited from within vs code. You create a key binding in there, actually, so you don't have to look it up, let me actually get the entire binding. OK, you enter this in between the square brackets of the json:

{
        "key": "ctrl+r",
        "command": "workbench.action.reloadWindow",
        "when": "editorTextFocus"
    }

You can make the key whatever you want, just make sure it doesn't do anything useful before you override it with what you put here. As it stands, control R did do something, but I commandeered its usefulness for this endeavor instead. Now, if that happens to you where NVDA gets stuck, all you have to do is hit the key you associated with that action and it will take a second or so and come back. Not perfect, but its a workaround.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : IceCream via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : IceCream via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector