converting a large number of eBooks, any recomendations?

Hey everyone.

-So, the situation first.

I have a large number of Ebooks, around 20000 or so which i want to convert into the doc or tXT format, I decide that on the fly.
The folder looks like this. I have the main EBooks folder. For every author, I have a sub folder. If an author has written a book series, the author folder contains the sub folder with the names of the book series he has written, which then contain the books for the series.

I also have some books in the main eBooks folder which I haven't put into their authors coresponding folders yet.

What I am looking for is an accessible method of batch converting these Books, while, and this is the important part, the folder structure i already build is maintained just as I had set it up in the eBooks folder from where the converter draws the files.

I tried out Codex, problem was that Codex sorts the books by Tags and creates own folders with the tag name, which leads to quite a lot of chaos, given the fact that those books make a mess with those tags and it just makes finding things harder.
Example, When I have a folder with the author name C.S.Lewis, Codex would create a folder C.S.Lewis, and Lewis.C.S, C.S.Lewis narnia, narnia ... you get my point, I would then need to find those 4 to 5 folders and copy the files to the correct C.S.Lewis folder.

So, I am looking, as I said for a program which keeps my file structure in tact.

is there anything you would say does that job nicely

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Moritz.