Re: The recent situation with tk

Yeah, here's the thing - I think it was explained to be a hacker. I've always trusted JC-Hosting never mind all I have up there is a blog to make it easily locateable for folks whom I send it to where it's a primary concern. Jennios didn't seem shady to me at all, well there is the Redspot clone, but isn't that what he said was a hacker? And I can't believe I heard what could happen if you use your ftp as a source distribution. Seriously, some younger devs need a reality check here. Unless a game is open-source, never upload sourcecode to your ftp. That is just asking for trouble. Beta testers don't have to concern themselves with the code, so why bother? Don't use Dropbox either. Use a password-protected sync shared folder. A read-only BT Sync folder with the older version of BT Sync. Pay for a private git repository that only certain people can join. Or, keep the source to yourself, god damn it, and send it through a s a p2p file transfer to anyone who actually needs it. Ok that may be hard if there are more than one person working on the code, but everything else still applies.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jonnyboy1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : deadPixel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dash via Audiogames-reflector