Re: GoldGun: Play for free Episode 1 from 31st January

I believe there is also a mailing list for Blind Android users, but I'm afraid I don't have any details, perhaps someone else could clarify?

@Ironcross, interesting thoughts. I actually don't mind the game using the character's blindness as an excuse for being played in audio, or still giving the player the vision  a person with limited vision. What I mind more, is in those cases where this occurs, the characters also always seem to be firstly defined by their blindness, and secondly nearly always made so as to be completely dependent upon some sighted person to find out about the world around them, like Blind legend and the knight's daughter, or the demon in Echoes from Levia.

True, not all games have done this, Airic the clerric did a pretty good job  making Scout, the character's scouting robot and aid to be more a tool and sidekick  something the player entirely relied upon for description, ditto with  audio interface for the environment suit back in Terraformers or the EVA of shades of doom, indeed its interesting that most sf games have some degree of robots or advanced  technology that make the main character more an agent than a passive party.

The problem however, is in most/all of those cases the main character was as you said, "the blind! clerric", or "the blind! warrior"

This isn't to say they're bad games, I rather like the way "the blind swordsman" presented all enemies as underestimating the swordsman, but still it'd be nice to see a game, especially a story based one where a character was "blind" only as a secondary characteristic.

Then again, this is already something not particularly common in general fiction, anyone remember This rather interesting topic on representation?

There was sadly a good reason why Jordi laforge is both the most recognisable blind character in sf, and also the least developed and most dull member of the Tng cast.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : EagleEarEntertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector