Re: where is that fucking windows 8.1 update?

In order to "upgrade" (which I don't consider an actual upgrade, update or fucking whatever) you must log into Windows 8 Store, that's the only way to get it though you must be fully updated which I'm pretty sure you hate it, but if you really want it then first look up for Windows updates and install them all.

Anyway I don't recommend it, Windows 8.1 ran SO MUCH SLOWER on my computer... slower than Windows 8.0 to say the least, I usually play a game called Worms Armageddon which is patchable and has a patch that makes it compatible with Windows 8... every 10 fucking minutes or so I'd get a message telling me that "there's insufficient memory" like a lot of memory was being used, and it wasn't, it'd nearly reach 1 GB and I have 4 GB, so it couldn't be. still I had to fucking close applications, and even that wouldn't solve anything.... when you run metro apps, after closing them, they still run in the bac kground eating resources, although they're in the "suspended" status, they still eat resources which I FUCKING hate. That and... well, sometimes the OS' startup was incredibly slow and it really fucked me up. There's also an integration of the whole OS with SkyDrive, this little mother fucker also eats resources! That's shocking ain't it? System process now uses way more memory than before, like, on W7 it'd get to like 72 KB or even less, same on W8, NOT after "upgrading" to W8.1 though, that's changed. I couldn't find a lot of positive aspects. But oh well that's my experience with W8.1, if you really feel like updating please first make sure everything on your computer is compatible by running the Upgrade Assistant you can find on Microsoft's official website, it's also recommended that you turn off/uninstall your antivirus if you have one as it may interfere with the whole update progress (also - don' t forget that it's a 3,xx GB download and after that, your PC will restart like 3 times and will take pretty  damn long so try not dying in an attempt of being patient) that's all I gotta say. Good luck.